Happy Monday everyone! I’m coming at you a little later today because today was my day off and I took full advantage of it!
How was your weekend? Mine was good. Next week I’m taking a trip to Atlanta and I am so looking forward to a few days of relaxing by the pool, eating lots of fresh and delicious food, and drinking lots of Mojitos.
But since I’m still living in reality this week, I’m kicking this Monday off with ALL the chocolate.
This mug cake, holy goodness. It is seriously the perfect combination of doughy and crumbly without being mushy or all the bad kinds of chewy.
Seriously, I’ve made this mug cake approximately 6 times since I recipe tested it last week and it’s just as delicious every. single. time.
For this mug cake I recommend crumbling it up in your mug and adding more peanut butter to the top because… chocolate and peanut butter ALL THE WAY am I right?
I highly suggest that you make this tonight for a post dinner dessert OR for breakfast in the morning. What’s better than dessert for breakfast? Nothing, that’s what.
- 3 tbsps oat flour
- 1 tbsp quick oats
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter/ peanut butter
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips/chunks
- In a medium bowl, mix together all dry ingredients, except chocolate chips, until well combined.
- Add in wet ingredients and stir well.
- Once all is well mixed, add in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a small mug or ramekin.
- Microwave for 1½-2 minutes.
Adapted from Running With Spoons